Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Super slow right click on branch in history window
Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1756516] Sat, 18 March 2017 14:08 Go to next message
Cori Leon is currently offline Cori LeonFriend
When I right click on a branch in history window, it takes a lot of time to show the menu. I am using mac sierra osx and eclipse neon. How can I fix this?
Re: Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1758252 is a reply to message #1756516] Sat, 25 March 2017 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
- I can't reproduce this on Mac 10.12.3
- Which version of EGit, JGit, Eclipse are you using ?
- Is this on a large repository ?
- Try to set "Use virtual memory mapping" in "Preferences > Team > Git > Window Cache"
Re: Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1758312 is a reply to message #1756516] Mon, 27 March 2017 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clayton Chow is currently offline Clayton ChowFriend
Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue; but also have the same issue with the context (right-click) menu in the 'Project Explorer' view. It takes about 3-5 second for each sub-menu to appear

I have tried updating the Window Cache settings to the values below but still experiencing the same issue.
WindowSize = 64 k
Window Cache Limit = 300 m
Database cache limit = 100 m
Stream File Threshold = 500 m
Use Virtual memory mapping = true

Re: Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1763713 is a reply to message #1756516] Thu, 18 May 2017 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wallace Peng is currently offline Wallace PengFriend
I have same issue!
Re: Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1768898 is a reply to message #1763713] Mon, 24 July 2017 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Neal is currently offline Kevin NealFriend
This happens to me too. When I right-click on any commit in the History tab, it hangs for ~12 seconds (seems like the same amount of time each time). It happens for Neon R2, R3, and Oxygen on Mac (10.12.5). All my remotes are ssh:// to Bitbucket Server (private, not cloud).

I just figured something out while testing for this post... the hang completely goes away when I'm hard-connected to the ethernet at work. If I disconnect and keep wifi off, it hangs. Same if I connect to wifi and sign in to our VPN (so the remote is accessible). If I disable all network adapters (so hang is back), then delete the remote from my local repo, then the hang goes away.
Re: Super slow right click on branch in history window [message #1769472 is a reply to message #1768898] Mon, 31 July 2017 21:43 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Kevin Neal wrote on Mon, 24 July 2017 17:40
This happens to me too. When I right-click on any commit in the History tab, it hangs for ~12 seconds (seems like the same amount of time each time). It happens for Neon R2, R3, and Oxygen on Mac (10.12.5). All my remotes are ssh:// to Bitbucket Server (private, not cloud).

I just figured something out while testing for this post... the hang completely goes away when I'm hard-connected to the ethernet at work. If I disconnect and keep wifi off, it hangs. Same if I connect to wifi and sign in to our VPN (so the remote is accessible). If I disable all network adapters (so hang is back), then delete the remote from my local repo, then the hang goes away.

That's a very good observation. Entered as https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=520386 .
Previous Topic:JGIT check if entry matches gitignore rules
Next Topic:I'm using searchIssues method from IssueService Class in eGit. I only get up to 10 results back.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:53:42 GMT 2024