Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Date Range parameters not working(Date Range parameters not working)
Date Range parameters not working [message #1756132] Sun, 12 March 2017 21:52
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
BIRT Neon Neon.1aRelease (4.6.1)
Build id: 20161007-1200

BIRT report has three parameters that accept the start date, end date and funding source (Decimal, decimal and string)

In my query, I have the following criteria: (pulls from a Derby database)

and (m.key_date1 >=? and m.key_date1 <=?)

which coincide to the two Data Set Parameters which are connected to two report parameters for input start date range and input end date range, respectively - which are the first two Data set parameters.

When i enter 1/1/2016 as my date for the first parameter I get nothing. If I comment out the second part of the query:

and (m.key_date1 >=?) --and m.key_date1 <=? (now a comment)

Then I get 113 cases which are included (I'm doing a count)

What is wrong with the first syntax such that I get nothing? I've verified that there are values within the 1/1/2016 - to 12/31/2016 date range - something should show up besides 0.

Or is there a bug in Neon with handling two parameter prompts when comparing to the same field?

Along that same line - this report does four unique counts (using subqueries) that display four counts of records that meet specific criteria and are included in separate footer lines. Because all four counts use the same date range (start date to end date) and funding source, I am now creating 12 different data set parameters, which are connected to the three corresponding report parameters. Isn't there a better way to do this (something to do with variables I can place in my SQL query?)

Thanks in anticipation of some great help here...my bald spot is growing as I pull out even more hair working on this...
Previous Topic:Page Break within row
Next Topic:Birt Install - Centos 7, Tomcat, MariaDB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:02:16 GMT 2024