Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Getting ConcurrentModificationException in ETL
Getting ConcurrentModificationException in ETL [message #1755479] Fri, 03 March 2017 16:16 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello,

I have the following metamodel:

A (EClass) contains 2 or more B (EClass) elements.

B elements are in a double-linked list structure, it has next and prev references.

I have a model transformation with only one input model, which is InOutModel. My transformation rules (They just insert a new B instance before another one that satisfies the guard condition) are the following two (I tried to simplify the real one here):

@lazy
@greedy
rule abstract_TransformationRule transform
	thisB:InOutModel!B to null
{

guard: thisB fits criterion 0.

"abstract_TransformationRule.".println();
}

@greedy
rule InsertBeforeTransformationRule1  transform
	thisB:InOutModel!B to 
		//null
		//newB:InOutModel!B
	extends abstract_TransformationRule
{
	guard:  thisB fits criterion 1.
}

If I use null as target of the second rule (commented out for now), everything seems fine. If I use newB as target, then I get a ConcurrentModificationException.

I guess the reason is, when the rule is executing, Epsilon iterates over the list of Bs contained in A. However, the rule also adds additional elements to the same list.

I wonder how such a transformation should be written without getting ConcurrentModificationException.

Re: Getting ConcurrentModificationException in ETL [message #1755480 is a reply to message #1755479] Fri, 03 March 2017 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Bugra,

Your diagnosis is correct. Is there any chance that the Epsilon Pattern Language (see Chapter 11 of the Epsilon book) is a more suitable fit for this transformation?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Getting ConcurrentModificationException in ETL [message #1755490 is a reply to message #1755480] Fri, 03 March 2017 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Thanks Dimitris, that was a very fast response Smile! I have checked EPL and I wonder if EPL patterns can extend each other? If they can, could you inform me about syntax and semantics of it?

Re: Getting ConcurrentModificationException in ETL [message #1755510 is a reply to message #1755490] Sat, 04 March 2017 08:50 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Bugra,

Currently, patterns cannot extend each other but if you could briefly describe a use case where this would be beneficial, we can consider adding this feature.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:adding new element F to Containmentreference
Next Topic:Link Annotation style doesnt work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:14:04 GMT 2024