Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE(In CubeMX, their is no direct option to link the generated code to Eclipse under Toolchain/IDE tab.)
How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE [message #1755441] Fri, 03 March 2017 11:55 Go to next message
Abin Jacob is currently offline Abin JacobFriend
I want to cross compile STM32F407 board using Eclipse compiler.

The toolchain/IDE tab is shown in attachment.
The drop down consists of:
EWARM,
MDK-ARM V4, V5,
TrueStudio,
SW4STM32,
Other Toolchains(GPDSC)

The code can still be generated and saved in a folder, even if Eclipse IDE is not visible.
But, how will I be able to use the generated codes along with HAL libraries in Eclipse.
Please explain.

i ALREADY HAVE Eclipse Neon, gcc-arm linked with Eclipse, stlink-master linked with Eclipse and STM32CubeMX software.

Re: How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE [message #1755747 is a reply to message #1755441] Tue, 07 March 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dehaudt is currently offline Julien DehaudtFriend
SW4STM32 is an environnement built on top of Eclipse, hence you might either install it within your Eclipse Neon, or download the all-in-one installer which package Eclipse+SW4STM32.

More information are available directly on www.openstm32.org, you must be logged to access the whole website and share your experience with the community through a dedicated Forum.
Re: How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE [message #1756212 is a reply to message #1755747] Tue, 14 March 2017 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have downloaded the 333MB file named "install_sw4stm32_linux_32bits-latest.run" from the link mentioned for 32 bit system.

What to do next, how to link it with my Eclipse, I don't know how to do this.

Reply is required.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 March 2017 05:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE [message #1756227 is a reply to message #1756212] Tue, 14 March 2017 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dehaudt is currently offline Julien DehaudtFriend
Quote:
Reply is required.

Eclipse Forum is definitely not the best place to get express support on this tool. OpenSTM32 Forum would be more appropriated, but does not mean that you will always have answer in hour...

Quote:
I have downloaded the 333MB file named "install_sw4stm32_linux_32bits-latest.run" from the link mentioned for 32 bit system.

What to do next, how to link it with my Eclipse, I don't know how to do this.

This is the all-in-one installer, packaging both Eclipse and SW4STM32. Probably not exactly what you want.

To install the set of plugins into your Eclipse Neon have a look to this page:
http://www.openstm32.org/Installing+System+Workbench+for+STM32+from+Eclipse which contains the update-site url to use in Eclipse "Install New Software" dialog.
Re: How to use CubeMX generated source code in Eclipse IDE [message #1759538 is a reply to message #1756227] Wed, 12 April 2017 16:13 Go to previous message
@jLn 38Friend, I have used SW4STM32 option in CubeMX and is working fine by following the guidleine in the link mentioned.
Previous Topic:I/O via (Eclipse-) console buggy
Next Topic:Integrating Semihosting(STM32F407) and STM32CubeMX generated code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:02:50 GMT 2024