Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » members of the same base reference metamodel
members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755318] Thu, 02 March 2017 10:25 Go to next message
Bernd Zeuner is currently offline Bernd ZeunerFriend
Hallo,
When I validate my Profile model, I get the following warning:
"All elements imported via metaclass references or metamodel references owned by profile 'ProfileLifecycle_Profile' must be members of the same base reference metamodel."

I checked all metaclasses and they belong all to the same metamodel (UML 2.5.0 Metamodel).

Regards
Bernd
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755623 is a reply to message #1755318] Mon, 06 March 2017 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,

do you have package or subProfiles in your profile?
If you do, the warning might come from the fact that you have no imported metaclass inside these package/subprofile (but use directly the imports from top model).
To remove the warning, import the involved metaclass in the package/profile.

Best regards,
Xavier
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755624 is a reply to message #1755318] Mon, 06 March 2017 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,

do you have package or subProfiles in your profile?
If you do, the warning might come from the fact that you have no imported metaclass inside these package/subprofile (but use directly the imports from top model).
To remove the warning, import the involved metaclass in the package/profile.

Best regards,
Xavier
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755713 is a reply to message #1755624] Tue, 07 March 2017 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo,

I have 3 profiles; 2 "normal" profiles (OpenModelProfile and InterfaceModelProfile) and one profile (ProfileLifecycleProfile) which is applied to the other two "normal" profiles. Interesting enough, the warning appears only in the InterfaceModelProfile and the ProfileLifecycleProfile not in the OpenModelProfile.
The two profiles with the warnings are attached.

Regards
Bernd
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755715 is a reply to message #1755713] Tue, 07 March 2017 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hello,

thank you for these inputs. The problem comes from the validation algorithm that does not seems to take into account package imports.
If you use directly elementImports on the metaclass the validation does not trigger warnings.

regards,
Xavier
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755729 is a reply to message #1755715] Tue, 07 March 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo Xavier,

Thank you for the quick response Smile
What do you mean by "direct elementImport"?

Regards
Bernd
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755730 is a reply to message #1755729] Tue, 07 March 2017 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Yeah sorry about that "direct" that has no meaning.
It is just an ElementImport. You can for example produce one with the "import metaclass" from the palette.
It produce an elementImport in your profile with only the metaclass involved imported.
With this you would't have anymore the warnings.
Bonus : Using this instead of importing the whole UML Package allow to track which Metaclass are extended by your profile.
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1755746 is a reply to message #1755730] Tue, 07 March 2017 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo Xavier,

That works Smile ; thank you very much for your help.

Regards
Bernd
Re: members of the same base reference metamodel [message #1759111 is a reply to message #1755746] Thu, 06 April 2017 14:25 Go to previous message
Bernd Busam is currently offline Bernd BusamFriend
Hello,
after a lot of digging I hope I'm right here. I'm ceating a profile built up on SysML.

My Profile:
Stereotype <<System>> is created by generalization from SysML Stereotype Block
Stereotype <<User>> is created by extension from UML Metaclass Actor

When I test my profile using "Run as" I am facing the folowing phenomena:
<<System>> works fine Smile
<<User>> is not visible in the profile Sad

First I took the metaclass via drag and drop from the UML Metamodel tree. Now I have aplied your tip to use Import Metaclass. Depressingly with the same result Sad

Did I miss something?

Another Bernd
Previous Topic:Applying user defined stereotypes to the model elements in block definition diagram,SysML
Next Topic:color parts in a diagram according to the stereotype of its type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:12:33 GMT 2024