Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » After Update to 2.11: Error after Clean Projects
After Update to 2.11: Error after Clean Projects [message #1755314] Thu, 02 March 2017 10:03 Go to next message
Klaus H. is currently offline Klaus H.Friend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

when using a DSL+Generator which was just updated to xtext 2.11 i get the following error:
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Xtext Project Builder' on project '...'.
org.eclipse.xtend2.lib.StringConcatenation.append(Ljava/lang/String;)V


According to https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1084312/ this could be caused by having old 2.10er versions of xtext jars available. So i double checked this and i am even more confused.
Reason is that the xtext features are updated to 2.11 but xtext plugins are still at 2.10. See screenshots.

Could this be the problem causing above named error?

Thanks
klaus
Re: After Update to 2.11: Error after Clean Projects [message #1755351 is a reply to message #1755314] Thu, 02 March 2017 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Messages: 11501
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
yes it could be, but another interseting point would be what is in your target platform as well.
i have no idea how you got in this situation (and this is the crucial part in the analysis)


Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : christiandietrich.wordpress.com
Re: After Update to 2.11: Error after Clean Projects [message #1755428 is a reply to message #1755351] Fri, 03 March 2017 09:55 Go to previous message
Klaus H. is currently offline Klaus H.Friend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
So far i did not care about my target platform (and to be honest, i did not think about it in any way).
But with your answer and the couse of the analysis i solved the problem*. This solution solved my origin problem of causing the Error during feature execution. Unfortunatley this solution did not explain why the feature was shown in 2.11.0 but the plugins where shown in 2.10.0.

*Solution: I forced the xbase.lib dependency of the ui-plugin-projekt to be at least 2.11.0. (within the METADATA.MF file). Sadly this version of the plugin could not be installed in an eclipse neon 2. Reason is, that the xbase.lib 2.11.0 was not available in any (standard) update site of neon 2. The latest available version was 2.10.0. So i added http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/ as update site within my target eclipse. With this set, i was able to install my latest feature and run it without any error.
Btw: After doing so the xtext features were shown with 2.11.0 and the xtext plugins as well.

Thanks
klaus

[Updated on: Fri, 03 March 2017 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Loading resources in web editor
Next Topic:Indent after first line
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 14 06:15:47 GMT 2017

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.38549 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software