Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Downloads(multiple downloads for classroom)
Eclipse Downloads [message #1754254] Wed, 15 February 2017 18:41 Go to next message
Fomenko Fomenko is currently offline Fomenko FomenkoFriend
I teach a new course in Mobile App Design. My students have been trying to download IDE for EE Developers. The school's network only allows students to download under their own user profiles, not the general C: drive (for obvious reasons). My 23 students this morning were able to download with few issues; however, the 11 afternoon students have been blocked form downloading the software.
Is there a limit to the number of downloads a classroom can perform in a certain time period? If so, what are the limits (# of downloads and time period)?
Thanks!
-Frustrated Teacher
Re: Eclipse Downloads [message #1754278 is a reply to message #1754254] Thu, 16 February 2017 07:03 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
So you're instructing them to download the zipped package rather than the installer? Are you providing the link for them to use? Which link? Note that downloading a zipped package (or the installer for that matter), always redirects to a mirror. The mirror used is somewhat random, but should generally be one that's physically close to your location. But mirror servers can misbehave or fail, i.e., might not have mirrored properly or might be overloaded. If a download failure occurs, you should generally try a different mirror. Of course you'd make all the servers of the world happier if you downloaded it once and provided the download to the students directly...

In any case, no, I don't know of any servers that limit the number of downloads. More likely it's an issue with some mirror...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Virgo Log File- Unable to deploy bundles
Next Topic:Is it possible to work with eclipse android "offline"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 20 01:41:52 GMT 2021