Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial(Is there any Write Up? )
icon6.gif  Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial [message #1754202] Wed, 15 February 2017 09:37 Go to next message
Raj Iyer is currently offline Raj IyerFriend
I am trying to understand the Traffic Light project. Some doubts..

1) There is a Beaglebone Black controller at "192.168.7.2:61499" Presumably, this is a microcontroller at "192.168.7.2" Can this be replaced by a Forte_PC controller at localhost:6150x?

2.) What are the requirements for downlading/running this project?

3.) Why no ethernet segment is shown in the System Configuration

4.) Any write-up is available?

thanks.
Re: Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial [message #1754263 is a reply to message #1754202] Wed, 15 February 2017 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

The Traficlight example has two different traffic light applications. The first one is a pedestrian crossing which is running on a beagleboneblack device with an expension PCB as it has been demonstrated at the Eclipse Con Europe 2 years ago. For startes I would not recomend this one and maybe we should even remove it from the repository.

There is a second application called PedestrianCrossing. This application runs on pure simulated devices, namely a UI device (UI) for turning the crossing on and of, a controller device where the control algorithms for the pedestrian crossings are running (Controler_1) and finally a simulated crossing (Lights) with a car light (red, orange, green) a pedestrian light (red & green) and a push button.

You can start these devices purely on your pc following the tutorials in the documentation. Please note in order to run the traffic light you need to compile your own FORTE where you add the trafficlight specific function blocks.

Regarding your question 3: in 4diac the Ethernet segment is currently used mainly for documentation purposes. The only feature which needs it is the experimental automatic communication generation. As we manually configured the communication this was not an issue here. But for the future we will definitely need to extend this.

Unfortunately there is not more documentation available but I hope my short description helps you.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial [message #1794961 is a reply to message #1754263] Tue, 11 September 2018 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harsha Priyanka Guntaka is currently offline Harsha Priyanka GuntakaFriend
Hi! I'm new to 4DIAC and trying to understand Traffic Light example using PedestrianCrossing application.

When I download my application I get an UNSUPPORTED TYPE error message in the Deployment Console. That's maybe because, as you mentioned earlier "in order to run the traffic light you need to compile your own FORTE where you add the trafficlight specific function blocks.", Can you please explain how to add them.
Re: Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial [message #1795026 is a reply to message #1794961] Thu, 13 September 2018 04:51 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi, If you have a look into the 4diac documentation there you find a detailed description on how to compile your own FORTE as well as on how to add own function blocks.
Previous Topic:Build Forte error
Next Topic:INVALID_DST error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:24:52 GMT 2024