Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS(How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS)
How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS [message #1753790] Fri, 10 February 2017 09:24 Go to next message
Lothar L. is currently offline Lothar L.Friend
We are trying to style our NatTables via CSS. One of the requirements is that tables are rendered without vertical grid lines between cells. Additionally horizontal lines should not go from end of the table but leave a gap on start and end. If we understand correctly currently neither can be done via CSS so for now we try solve the problem providing our own implementation.

index.php/fa/28399/0/
Table without border and vertical lines not going from end to end.

For the first problem we provide our own GridLineCellLayerPainter to the selection layer. While is working for us we are not sure if overwriting the GridLineCellLayerPainter is the way to go?

We are not sure if the second problem, to draw a line not over the full length of the table, can be solved or rather solved so easily. Would be there be any suggestions on how to approach this? Should use the GridLineCellLayerPainter again?

For overwriting the GridLineCellLayerPainter we would need to make some small changes to the original class. We would go ahead and open a bug in order to contribute those changes.

Ideally however we would be able to style this via CSS. Should we open a bug for this? Hopefully we would be able to contribute in this context.
Re: How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS [message #1753821 is a reply to message #1753790] Fri, 10 February 2017 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Currently the GridLineCellLayerPainter only supports to either render grid lines or not. There is no configuration to specify if it should render only the one or the other. From what I see that would introduce the need for two additional flags that are inspected in the GridLineCellLayerPainter and the SelectionLayerPainter (to adjust the cell bounds). And additionally the CSS attributes need to be specified and inspected accordingly.

The same probably applies to the grid line padding.

If you request a new feature in NatTable (which the shortened grid lines and the possibility to hide only one sort of grid lines are) you always have to create a ticket. And then contribute your solution so I can review it.

If your last question is whether I will implement the CSS support for such a new feature, well probably not without "external motivation". Feel free to contact me if you need sponsored support or feature development in NatTable.
Re: How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS [message #1754579 is a reply to message #1753821] Mon, 20 February 2017 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lothar L. is currently offline Lothar L.Friend
I am more hoping that we could contribute this and in this context if you were willing to provide some start pointers and to merge such a feature later. After all even just reviewing a ticket takes some time.

In any case thank you for the offer. How would one contact you?
Re: How to not render grid lines around between cells via CSS [message #1754592 is a reply to message #1754579] Mon, 20 February 2017 15:26 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
I am more hoping that we could contribute this and in this context if you were willing to provide some start pointers and to merge such a feature later.

Well that for sure. Smile NatTable is an open source project, and I am the project lead of that project. So actually that is kind of my business. Wink

Quote:
In any case thank you for the offer. How would one contact you?

I don't like adding my email address into a forum. But actually it should be very easy to find it in the NatTable sources and presentation slides published in the web. Never did this before, but even using a search engine seems to uncover quite a lot in that direction. Wink
Previous Topic:nebula nattable vs swt table deferences
Next Topic:Row height based on position, Instead of Index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:50:25 GMT 2024