Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How to open/convert/import/transform old STP BPMN models to BPMN 2.0 Modeler?
How to open/convert/import/transform old STP BPMN models to BPMN 2.0 Modeler? [message #1753718] Thu, 09 February 2017 09:33 Go to next message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Hello all,

I have some Business Processes which apparently were created by using an old version of the Eclipse BPMN modeler (using "xmlns:bpmn="http://stp.eclipse.org/bpmn"" and having the diagram split into to files .bpmn and .bpmn_diagram).

How can I open and edit these diagrams (I'm currently working with Eclipse Mars) and get them into BPMN 2.0 Modeler?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2017 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to open/convert/import/transform old STP BPMN models to BPMN 2.0 Modeler? [message #1753742 is a reply to message #1753718] Thu, 09 February 2017 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

That's a great questions. Unfortunately I don't have an answer. You may want to google BPMN 1.1 to 2.0 migration. Depending on the size and complexity of your models, it may be just as quick to edit the XML by hand Confused
The BPMN2 Modeler does have a limited capability to generate the DI (presentation) model, given just the business model, so if you can get your "files.bpmn" translated to BPMN2, that would save some time.
Re: How to open/convert/import/transform old STP BPMN models to BPMN 2.0 Modeler? [message #1754293 is a reply to message #1753742] Thu, 16 February 2017 08:58 Go to previous message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Ok, thanks for the insight! I fear it would be the most painless way to re-draw my models then where needed Confused
Previous Topic:new properties to existing BPMN elements
Next Topic:NullPointerException : public class MytaskPropertySection extends DefaultPropertySection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:07:40 GMT 2024