Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » RSS links do not work(RSS links do not work)
RSS links do not work [message #1753474] Mon, 06 February 2017 21:10 Go to next message
Arnost Pacicka is currently offline Arnost PacickaFriend
Hi,

RSS links at https://eclipse.org/community/news/rssfeeds.php do not work, only some PHP warnings are shown. I do not know here to report this, I actually bothered registering only to find out that I have cannot report bugs. That was very discouraging. Then I saw the ridiculous agreement developers are supposed to fill out before contributing. That almost made up for it. Good luck attracting folks with that.
Re: RSS links do not work [message #1753590 is a reply to message #1753474] Tue, 07 February 2017 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
What do you mean by "cannot report bugs?" What did you try and what was the result?
Here's a direct link to entering a new bug for the Community "product" (which includes things on the website): https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community
Re: RSS links do not work [message #1753662 is a reply to message #1753590] Wed, 08 February 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, been there.

Due to SPAM if you are a *NEW* user and wish to file bugs you will need to contact webmaster at eclipse dot org to be granted permission. All other users should be unaffected by this change.

I only wanted to report the bug. Maybe I should have had an email conversation, but I chose not to. BTW if there was spam, it is worth considering changing the registration process instead. BTW the rss links still do not work.
Re: RSS links do not work [message #1753669 is a reply to message #1753662] Wed, 08 February 2017 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Spammers always find ways around registration hurdles, no matter what you do. And if you make it too onerous to register, well that just deters legit users from joining. It's a real catch-22.
So did you send an email to the webmaster address as instructed? Seems like a pretty painless step, and only has to be done once.
Re: RSS links do not work [message #1753752 is a reply to message #1753669] Thu, 09 February 2017 15:30 Go to previous message
Finally, yes, but I can imagine other people would give up. That said, I follow your reasoning.
Previous Topic:Plugins are probably installed but unavailable
Next Topic:Nvidia driver conflict - swing program terminates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:45:52 GMT 2024