Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder
Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753387] Sun, 05 February 2017 16:32 Go to next message
Giuseppe Barbieri is currently offline Giuseppe BarbieriFriend
I am having trouble working with jogl (and gluegen) in Eclipse Neon 2.

I am supposed to add specific source folders. It compiles successfully, but I can't see them in the IDE.

This is my configuration:

http://i.imgur.com/mE5ulEw.png

This is supposed to be the main source folder, but as I said, I don't see any file in it..

This is my
.classpath
:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/NAdJU.png

As you can see, everything looks right, the main folder is the following:

<classpathentry excluding="com/jogamp/audio/windows/waveout/TestSpatialization.java|jogamp/opengl/gl2/fixme/" kind="src" output="build/jogl/classes" path="src/jogl/classes">
    <attributes>
        <attribute name="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.CLASSPATH_ATTR_LIBRARY_PATH_ENTRY" value="jogl/build/jogl/obj"/>
    </attributes>
</classpathentry>

I tried to refresh both projects, but nothing.

What's wrong, guys?

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2017 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753388 is a reply to message #1753387] Sun, 05 February 2017 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
In the 1st screenshot it lists two resources as "Included", in .classpath it shows the same as "excluding", please check which one is right.

How did you confirm that desired files exist? Where (which view etc.) do you expect to see them, and see nothing?
Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753389 is a reply to message #1753388] Sun, 05 February 2017 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you are right, wrong screenshot, it should have been in the Excluded...

This is what I have:

http://i.imgur.com/bqpXdtu.png
Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753391 is a reply to message #1753389] Sun, 05 February 2017 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe there are no files at all?
maybe successful compilation actually was a no-op?
what indicates that Eclipse should be showing any files?
Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753392 is a reply to message #1753391] Sun, 05 February 2017 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
maybe there are no files at all?

Files are there, you can see it also here

Quote:
maybe successful compilation actually was a no-op?

It took the usual time, a couple of minutes. I doub it.

Quote:
what indicates that Eclipse should be showing any files?

If I add a source folder, I expect to actually see all the files contained..
Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753394 is a reply to message #1753392] Sun, 05 February 2017 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guiseppe, from what you showed and told us, people reading this thread have no indication that the source folders in Eclipse actually have any content on your harddisk.
Showing a repository on github doesn't change that.

Let's step back one. The title of this thread speaks of "import". Maybe you want to tell us, how you imported those source (tried to)?
Re: Eclipse doesn't import classes under source folder [message #1753401 is a reply to message #1753394] Sun, 05 February 2017 20:50 Go to previous message
Guiseppe, from what you showed and told us, people reading this thread have no indication that the source folders in Eclipse actually have any content on your harddisk.
Showing a repository on github doesn't change that.

It's the repo I am trying to open in Eclipse. I doubled check, files are there.

Let's step back one. The title of this thread speaks of "import". Maybe you want to tell us, how you imported those source (tried to)?

Sure. Right click on the project, "properties", "java build path", "source" tab, "Add Folder".

I couldn't see the folder in there, therefore I choose "create folder", thinking it would have loaded what it had found there.

Edit: just tried "link sources" instead, it worked.

Thanks Stephan! Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2017 21:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RCP Framework can't list serial port
Next Topic:Perspective/View bug in macOS Sierra
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:00:22 GMT 2024