Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Deploying SWT Application on MacOSX Sierra(Unable to use existing application launcher shell)
Deploying SWT Application on MacOSX Sierra [message #1753383] Sun, 05 February 2017 13:23
Chris Russo is currently offline Chris RussoFriend
I wrote an SWT/JFace application 10 years ago that I would like to have working again with the latest MacOSX Sierra. I've fixed the application problems that prevented it from running within my Neon environment, but now I need to get it to deploy as a standalone application.

Back when I originally created the standalone application, I copied an existing example standalone SWT application, fixed up its plist, and replaced its innards with my JAR and other resources.

Is that still the preferred method of creating a standalone SWT/JFace application?

I found this link at eclipse.org: https://www.eclipse.org/swt/macosx/

It even included an example application that I thought I could use. Unfortunately, this application doesn't launch on my brand new Sierra installation. The Console log shows only this message after I attempt to launch it:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.eclipse.swt.swthello.4396[77418]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

I'm running Java 1.8.0_121.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Chris
Previous Topic:HIDE_SELECTION works the oposite to the doc description
Next Topic:Having a Shell follow a target Control around
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 03:44:59 GMT 2017