Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Best practice for resizing nodes with very much in/outgoing edges
Best practice for resizing nodes with very much in/outgoing edges [message #1752692] Thu, 26 January 2017 08:33 Go to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello,

i need to improve the layouting (especially resizing) of nodes which have multiple in/outgoing edges (confusing edge chunk). I've attached an example picture with the current layouting result (Before) and i need similar solution like the "After" figure.

index.php/fa/28227/0/

My idea was to change statically the size of these nodes before layouting with calculating edge amount and padding of these edges/ edge to edge spacing.

But this would be a preprocessing, so my question is there a better approach to achieve this? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
M.Emin

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2017 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best practice for resizing nodes with very much in/outgoing edges [message #1752694 is a reply to message #1752692] Thu, 26 January 2017 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miro Spönemann is currently offline Miro SpönemannFriend

The option CoreOptions.NODE_SIZE_CONSTRAINTS controls how the node width and height are modified. If you include PORTS in that EnumSet, the number of edges incident to a node should affect the node size.
Re: Best practice for resizing nodes with very much in/outgoing edges [message #1752717 is a reply to message #1752694] Thu, 26 January 2017 12:57 Go to previous message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Thanks for your answer, it works Smile.
Previous Topic:Changing node order (bring to front)
Next Topic:Edge merging points and edge crossing points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:45:27 GMT 2024