Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Meta model transformation from one XSD source(XSD to Ecore 1 then from Ecore 1 to Ecore 2)
Meta model transformation from one XSD source [message #1752449] Mon, 23 January 2017 21:31 Go to next message
Sam Ra is currently offline Sam RaFriend
There is this project where we get 3rd party XSD files representing their API, and all the corresponding classes has been manually written for API and for internal representation.

The GOAL now is to get everything generated from these XSD files. So: XSDs to Ecore files then generate the java classes from that). Also to have ATL to transform these Ecore models of API into Ecore models of internal representation, where I put the mapping knowledge between models in ATL, and if any new attributes come then I have to add that to the ATL mapping. Later, generate internal classes code from that second Ecore also.

As you can see here the Meta model is actually the model itself. I only have XSD which I want to get Ecore model from, then transform this to different Ecore model. How can I do that with ATL (Ecore to Ecore) when the meta model is the model itself? Do you have any code examples on that?

My second question is, when I generated the source code (set A from Ecore 1 and set B from Ecore 2), then how can I use ATL mapping to connect those two different class sets A and B in the code flow after classes are generated? Any examples or tutorials on that?

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2017 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Meta model transformation from one XSD source [message #1752625 is a reply to message #1752449] Wed, 25 January 2017 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Ra is currently offline Sam RaFriend
Any body who could help here?
Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2017 07:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Meta model transformation from one XSD source [message #1753096 is a reply to message #1752625] Wed, 01 February 2017 20:06 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Do you mean an example of an ATL transformation that operates on Ecore models, such as EcoreCopy.atl?

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:ATL warnings
Next Topic:Metamodel constraints in ATL HOT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:19:54 GMT 2024