Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Someone can use Window Builder?
icon8.gif  Someone can use Window Builder? [message #1752422] Mon, 23 January 2017 16:12 Go to next message
Xavier Sala Pujolar is currently offline Xavier Sala PujolarFriend
I have tried WindowBuilder in Eclipse Neon and it's impossible work with it. I tried on Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 16.04 with the same results: crashes, eclipse hangs, misplaced selection frames ...

Are someone using it for work? Is Window Builder under development?
Re: Someone can use Window Builder? [message #1752478 is a reply to message #1752422] Tue, 24 January 2017 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincenzo Caselli is currently offline Vincenzo CaselliFriend

We confirm that we are using WB also with Neon for daily work, but must admit that we are using it with Windows.
I tried it with Linux some time, but generally had several problems there.
Just with a CentOS 7 I managed to use it.

HTH
Vincenzo
RCP Vision
Re: Someone can use Window Builder? [message #1755954 is a reply to message #1752478] Thu, 09 March 2017 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jose angel is currently offline jose angelFriend
Vincenzo Caselli wrote on Tue, 24 January 2017 10:38
We confirm that we are using WB also with Neon for daily work, but must admit that we are using it with Windows.
I tried it with Linux some time, but generally had several problems there.
Just with a CentOS 7 I managed to use it.

HTH
Vincenzo
RCP Vision

I'm trying it with a Centos 7 and, for a new empty project, designer runs ok. But in my big project I cant open any created Composite, giving to me several errors

Last error is
Quote:
Constructor PhoneComposite(Composite,int) was used with the parameters {<null>,0}.
Note: null values may occur when parsing complex expressions that can't be resolved at design-time.
org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.exception.DesignerException: 2005 (Null as parent argument.).

On Windows it works Sad

any sugestion?
Re: Someone can use Window Builder? [message #1756444 is a reply to message #1755954] Fri, 17 March 2017 00:49 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
It works fine under Windows. It has worked under a variety of Linux distros in the past, but no one is currently attempting to get it working on any current Linux distro. If any Linux gurus out there want to sign up as a committer on on the project, we would be happy to have them look at it. Be forewarned that the incompatibilities between Linux distros and even versions of the same distro make it a tough proposition. Personally, I would recommend using it under Windows, if you really need to us it.
Previous Topic:How to open windowBuilder with a parent custom class
Next Topic:class-Open With-WindowBuilder Editor, problem to open existing file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:28:01 GMT 2024