Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How do I adapt this info to my system so I can get this setup?
How do I adapt this info to my system so I can get this setup? [message #1751148] Thu, 05 January 2017 03:30 Go to next message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
I want to set up Eclipse so when I run my C++ source file the program output will run in an external console window. You know, one of those external black windows. I ran down a piece of info describing how to set up Eclipse to do that, but the problem is I don't know how to adapt what he said and apply it to my own environment so it works.

He said to write this in the arguments box:

/C "start ${system_path:cmd.exe} /K .\Debug\hello.exe"

But the problem is how do I adapt this info for my system?

How do I write it so my own path is correctly entered and the name of any program I run is automatically entered correctly? Know what I mean?

I keep my C++ Projects on my G:\ drive which is my external drive. So my folder is simply called C++ Projects.

Re: How do I adapt this info to my system so I can get this setup? [message #1751181 is a reply to message #1751148] Thu, 05 January 2017 13:25 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Replace hello.exe with the name of your executable. That solution is quite nice that way in that it uses variables ${...} for other bits.

If you are having a problem, do you have an error message?
Previous Topic:Can't launch gdb
Next Topic:Strange errors when including .h-files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:42:06 GMT 2024