Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Multiple projects in Oxygen (projects )
Multiple projects in Oxygen [message #1751141] Wed, 04 January 2017 22:05 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I am trying to learn how to copy and paste / duplicate projects.
I am little confused with "perspective". I have not intentionally changed that.

I have created OpenGL_Sample and OpenGL_Sample(copy) and another separate project OpenGL_MENU.
When I try to run OpenGL_MENU C Local application window gives me only the OpenGL_samples as an options to run.

I hope attached file is sufficient to discuss this issue.

As you can see I have multiple copies of different projects , none of them executable.
I am presently concerned about the OpenGL_MENU project only.

Perhaps I am missing a step after I copy and paste the new project?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks
  • Attachment: OpenGL.odt
    (Size: 248.94KB, Downloaded 121 times)
Re: Multiple projects in Oxygen [message #1751145 is a reply to message #1751141] Wed, 04 January 2017 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
I think you are confusing launch configurations with projects. The project is used to create and contain the executable. The launch configuration is used to run the program or debug it. The launch configuration is not associated with any projects. You can theoretically run or debug any executable in your system. Both run and debug use the same configuration file.

After copying a project you need to rebuild it. The following is showing a copy of project Hello to Hello2. It has been rebuilt. The executable's name is Hello2
index.php/fa/28014/0/

You then create one or more launch configurations with different arguments. The name of the configuration must be unique.
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.debug.application.doc%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_t_new_run_config.htm
NOTE; step (2) is incorrect. It should read Run-->Run Configurations ... and Debug-->Debug Configurations ...

Run-->Run and Debug-->Debug will use the last selected configuration.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 January 2017 23:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multiple projects in Oxygen [message #1751213 is a reply to message #1751145] Thu, 05 January 2017 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Thanks David,
it is little clearer - I was missing the "configuration " step.
I got it working , sort off.
It is not to intuitive how to select / change from current configuration to new one.

One more question
what is the difference /description of "project" and "C/C++ application" ?
I have to add "C/C++ application" to the configuration dialog.

Thanks for all your help, appreciate it.

Re: Multiple projects in Oxygen [message #1751237 is a reply to message #1751213] Fri, 06 January 2017 04:22 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Projects and Launch configurations are two different things. Projects contain the files needed to build an application/executable. Once built, you only need the executable and run time dynamic libraries. They could be among the project files or installed elsewhere in the system. A project with a C/C++ flavor offers CDT. I have projects that mix C++, Perl and R. The R (StatET) projects are actually extensions of CDT.

Launch configurations are for built executables/scripts. The launch configurations differ a bit depending on what is being used. So "C/C++ applications" would be appropriate to run or debug C/C++ executables. "Perl Local" (if you have Perl EPIC installed) to run Perl scripts, etc. Then there are configurations for attaching to a running C/C++ application and for debugging a remote one.

Previous Topic:Strange errors when including .h-files
Next Topic:Eclipse C/C++ Neon.2 (4.6.2) & macOS Sierra (10.12.2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:10:19 GMT 2024