Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Exception while using EEF in Sirius(Exception while using EEF in Sirius)
Exception while using EEF in Sirius [message #1750401] Tue, 20 December 2016 17:40 Go to next message
Arunkumar Ramaswamy is currently offline Arunkumar RamaswamyFriend
Hi all

I have followed the documentation for using EEF in Sirius. I have installed EEF 1.5 from Eclipse marketplace.
I am getting the below errors. Could anyone figure out the reason. Tried multiple times.
While clicking the base tab in the properties view in runtime instance of eclipse, I am getting Java Nullpointer exception popup window.
In the devlopment instance of eclipse I am getting the below error.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui 4 2 2016-12-20 18:46:36.187
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.impl.parts.CompositePropertiesEditionPart.refresh(CompositePropertiesEditionPart.java:170)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.part.impl.SectionPropertiesEditingPart.refresh(SectionPropertiesEditingPart.java:171)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.legacy.internal.legacy2eef.EEFLegacySection.refresh(EEFLegacySection.java:121)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.api.EEFTabContents$3.run(EEFTabContents.java:162)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:173)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.api.EEFTabContents.refresh(EEFTabContents.java:165)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.api.EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage.processSelectionChanged(EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage.java:528)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.api.EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage.access$0(EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage.java:493)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.api.EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage$1.selectionChanged(EEFTabbedPropertySheetPage.java:212)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.EEFTabbedPropertyViewer.fireSelectionChanged(EEFTabbedPropertyViewer.java:117)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.EEFTabbedPropertyViewer.access$1(EEFTabbedPropertyViewer.java:115)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.EEFTabbedPropertyViewer$1.widgetSelected(EEFTabbedPropertyViewer.java:99)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:242)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$4(OpenStrategy.java:236)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:405)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5219)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1340)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1366)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1349)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1134)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.propertylist.EEFTabbedPropertyList.select(EEFTabbedPropertyList.java:390)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.propertylist.EEFListElement.mouseUp(EEFListElement.java:159)
at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.page.propertylist.EEFListElement$2.mouseUp(EEFListElement.java:105)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:221)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5219)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1340)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4553)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4143)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

Any help much appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 December 2016 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception while using EEF in Sirius [message #1750402 is a reply to message #1750401] Tue, 20 December 2016 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Guckelsberger is currently offline Axel GuckelsbergerFriend
I think you need a newer version. See https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1081831/
Re: Exception while using EEF in Sirius [message #1750410 is a reply to message #1750402] Tue, 20 December 2016 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arunkumar Ramaswamy is currently offline Arunkumar RamaswamyFriend
Thank you for your suggestion.
I installed the version 1.7. But now the context menu EEF is missing. Should I install anything else?
Please let me know
Re: Exception while using EEF in Sirius [message #1750570 is a reply to message #1750410] Thu, 22 December 2016 18:00 Go to previous message
Claudia Irvine is currently offline Claudia IrvineFriend
I am having the same issue. I have EEF 1.8 installed with Sirius 4.1.2 and still the problem persists. It appears to be related to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=495124 as SectionPropertiesEditingPart.getPageDescriptor always returns empty.
I was previously using the EEF integration with Sirius to display property views for my model both in Ecore tree format and for my Sirius diagrams (using two contributor ids as indicated in the old Getting Started). I would like to continue to do both until I have time to convert the diagram properties view to my odesign. I have only been able to accomplish this after downgrading Sirius to 4.0.1 and making sure the only EEF I have is 1.5.
Previous Topic:Sorting leafs inside of Tree diagram
Next Topic:Is it possible to have subnode for another subnode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:24 GMT 2024