Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Cannot add project
Cannot add project [message #1750361] Tue, 20 December 2016 11:52 Go to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
I "suddenly" (it was a while since I last used my installer) am not able to add my projects anymore during adding a project. It is simply not possible to select any of the child elements of "Elexis" (please see the enclosed png).

I may only select the parent "Elexis". To me it seems that this was working with 1.5.

This is the setup file I use.

Appreciate any help Smile

index.php/fa/27920/0/
Re: Cannot add project [message #1750371 is a reply to message #1750361] Tue, 20 December 2016 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Those Projects have no Streams. I can tell just by looking at the icons on the Projects page. The ones with the blue folder have a stream and can be selected, the ones that are only yellow are just container Projects (that are useless unless at some level below there is a Project with a Stream).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Cannot add project [message #1750372 is a reply to message #1750371] Tue, 20 December 2016 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
Hey Ed,

thanks a lot. Indeed it works after adding a stream. Is this a recent change? I have been using this file as it is for quite a while and it worked!

thanks,
marco
Re: Cannot add project [message #1750386 is a reply to message #1750372] Tue, 20 December 2016 15:07 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The visual feedback of the selection in the top tree is likely different, but it's always been only possible to select streams. I.e., the only way to have something listed in the bottom table of the Projects page is if there is a Stream, so that could not have worked differently before. Perhaps it was possible to check mark it, but it would not have been listed in the table. And in the end, in the underlying architecture, a Workspace can only have references to Streams, so it's not possible for a Workspace to reference a Project directly; without such a reference, no tasks will be gathered for the Scope.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Resource working set with Oomh?
Next Topic:Preference Task setting target platform status bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:44:47 GMT 2024