Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » How to access Message arguments sent with a signal triggering a transition(Using EMF in Java code)
How to access Message arguments sent with a signal triggering a transition [message #1750306] Mon, 19 December 2016 18:34 Go to next message
Jack Ribbons is currently offline Jack RibbonsFriend
Hi,

I have been trying to access an argument sent with a message signal from my Java code. I do have access to the Transition object, associated triggers for the transitions, ports and events related to the trigger. But, I have not found a way to access the argument that has been sent as a parameter with the signal event. I will highly appreciate if anyone can help me in this regard.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 December 2016 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to access Message arguments sent with a signal triggering a transition [message #1751311 is a reply to message #1750306] Sat, 07 January 2017 20:11 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Jack,

The UML2 API is only concerned with the metamodel for UML. For a SignalEvent you can access the corresponding signal, and for a CallEvent you can access the corresponding operation, but that is about it. Things such as the values carried in the signal, or arguments to an operation call, are run-time related information, and the UML2 API and the UML spec do not cover that.

The specification for fUML does cover those things, and there are implementations supporting fUML (see Papyrus/Moka). Or you can build your own runtime system for UML (like we did in Cloudfier). But I suspect that may not be necessary for your use cases.

Cheers,

Rafael
http://abstratt.com
Previous Topic:Enumeration.createOwnedLiteral does not validate
Next Topic:UML/OCL metamodel documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:07:43 GMT 2024