Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Use of Birt Data Engine Api(Use birt data engine api to modify datasets)
Use of Birt Data Engine Api [message #1750027] Thu, 15 December 2016 09:40
afs track is currently offline afs trackFriend
Here is the scenario. I have 2 data-sets polled up from the database using database connection and queries. So these are basically normal jdbc based dataset. What i want to do is, I want to perform some operations on record of these two datasets and want to create a third dataset which is scripted one . This scripted dataset will be used in report tables.

As per my knowledge there are two possible approaches.
1. Keep a hidden field from jdbc datasets because unless they are not used in reports, their events are not called. And then preparing data in the events of datasets, perform operation and store it in context. Then in scripted dataset get this stored data and assign to scripted set which will be used in report.

2. Use DataEngineApi (DteAPI).

I have succeeded in approach #1, but need help in Approach #2.

Moreover what confuses me is i had seen Dteapi in birt 3.X but now in birt 4.5.0 Screenshot I cannot see the documentation of dataengineapi. Another thing which confuses is there is dteapi.jar inside this 4.5.0 ,Package org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.api is there which has only interfaces and abstract classes and no implements so how to use it ?

Please guide me, I am looking for a proper solution

Previous Topic:BIRT 4.6 runtime jdk 7
Next Topic:SQL Error: Cannot get the result set metadata
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 11:01:45 GMT 2019