Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Duplicate project renamed - why and where ? (project renamed to "fuse_hidden..." )
Duplicate project renamed - why and where ? [message #1749977] Wed, 14 December 2016 16:46 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I am trying to copy / duplicate project.
I used file app to copy the project in workspace , than I renamed it.
Used "import " and can see the project in "project explorer".
I can build it , but when I try to run it I get "fuse_hidden... " options.
But only the number part - no project file is visible.
Initially I got about ten options and assumed these are related to the workspace projects. I can select from list of these "fuse_hidden.." but they all have SAME file reference to the ONE imported project.

1. Where did these "fuse_hidden..." come from? Why there are multiple of them?
2. The active project x.cpp file has "move window" code but it does not move.
I assume it is running some other code, but cannot tell.
The imported project differs from original only by title.
So what is "build all" building from?

Did I missed something when duplicating / importing copy of my original project ?

BTW there is no "horizontal scroll" bar in "fuse_hidden..." dialog

I hope enclosed screen shot will be helpful.
  • Attachment: fuse.odt
    (Size: 597.82KB, Downloaded 112 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2016 16:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate project renamed - why and where ? [message #1749982 is a reply to message #1749977] Wed, 14 December 2016 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
FUSE is the user space file system in Linux. AFAICT from your screenshot you have projects on USB key drive or something else, possibly running FAT or NTFS.

I recommend an internet search on fuse_hidden and see if that give you a clue, for example the first google result in ask ubuntu seems related: http://askubuntu.com/questions/493198/what-is-a-fuse-hidden-file-and-why-do-they-exist

My guess, based on my link, is that CDT found this binary (the fuse hidden one) when it searched the project. Try being explicit in the launch configuration about which binary you want to debug.
Re: Duplicate project renamed - why and where ? [message #1749991 is a reply to message #1749982] Wed, 14 December 2016 22:21 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Thanks,
I did look it up and now have now some clue about these "fuse..." files.
What I do not get is - if these are "deleted" but still in use why so many indicating same project?
I managed to let Eclipse do the copy / paste with renaming the project , but it seems to be working only once.
I tried to duplicate two project in one "sitting" and the second one did not pan out.

There is a minor inconsistency in Eclipse GUI - sometime you get input box with attached button to start the search for item and some other time there is no button but when you start typing into the box it starts / outputs the search path . I guess it is a matter of experience, no big deal.

PS The 3TB disk is on USB, most of my SATA drive are reused / surplus.
I hope to get a new lager ( whoops) - larger - SATA drives soon.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2016 22:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CDT + OpenOCD + GDB = not working
Next Topic:Problems with Adafruit WICED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:55:03 GMT 2024