Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Preference Task setting target platform status bar (not shown at initial installation)
Preference Task setting target platform status bar [message #1749944] Wed, 14 December 2016 08:34 Go to next message
Jasmin Kling is currently offline Jasmin KlingFriend
I am using a Preference Task in my project.setup to set the target platform in status bar in Plug-in Development to true:
Key: /instance/org.eclipse.pde.ui/Preferences.MainPage.showTargetStatus
Value: true

However, the target platform is not shown in the status bar although the checkmark for the preference is set correctly.
As of right now, I have to manually uncheck the box, apply the change, manually check the box and hit apply again.

Is there a workaround so that the target platform can be shown right away in the status bar as selected?
Re: Preference Task setting target platform status bar [message #1749964 is a reply to message #1749944] Wed, 14 December 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
There's probably special logic is involved in the preference page implementation. I expect nothing listens to the preference being changed to cause an immediate effect and likely the preference value itself is consulted only when the window is first opened. We'd probably need to add some special handling logic for this preference. You could open a Bugzilla enhancement request for that.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Preference Task setting target platform status bar [message #1749968 is a reply to message #1749964] Wed, 14 December 2016 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the fast reply.
I created a Bugzilla. It can be found here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=509227

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2016 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preference Task setting target platform status bar [message #1750446 is a reply to message #1749968] Wed, 21 December 2016 07:37 Go to previous message
Actually a restart fixes the problem as well.
After the restart the Target Platform is shown in the status bar.
Previous Topic:Cannot add project
Next Topic:Not able to automate addition of ignored resources in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:23:59 GMT 2024