Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Uninstalling all JPA plugins from eclipse
Uninstalling all JPA plugins from eclipse [message #1749771] Mon, 12 December 2016 04:03 Go to next message
Himanshu Ghadiya is currently offline Himanshu GhadiyaFriend
Hi,
I started using oomph and it is quite good and simplified our workspace setup process which was quite complex before.

The problem I am facing is JPT plugins. Eclipse get hanged with "JPA Java Change Event Handler" processes.

In previous setup case, we removed all the JPA plugins and that fixed our issue but now in case of oomph if I remove them, every time I perform setup task, it will ask to download them and if I skip that oomph task get failed.

Any suggestion for this situation so I can remove all the JPA related plugins and get rid of this problem.

Thanks
Re: Uninstalling all JPA plugins from eclipse [message #1749851 is a reply to message #1749771] Tue, 13 December 2016 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Is "JPT/JPA" being installed because you picked a product version that contains them? Perhaps you'd be better to pick a more compact product version and include in your project setup only those IUs you want installed.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Uninstalling all JPA plugins from eclipse [message #1749854 is a reply to message #1749851] Tue, 13 December 2016 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu Ghadiya is currently offline Himanshu GhadiyaFriend
Hi Ed, thanks for reply..
I am using Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.
You can refer http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11631371/why-is-eclipse-juno-4-2-running-jpa-java-change-event-handler-processes as most of the people are facing the issue of JPA and it is not fixed yet in eclipse neon too.

The temporary solution that worked for many people is to uninstall DALI JPA plugin, but in case of oomph they get installed again when we do perform setup task.. Any way to skip the installation again by modifying something
in setup file?

I hope, my problem is clear. If you need more explanation please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Uninstalling all JPA plugins from eclipse [message #1749859 is a reply to message #1749854] Tue, 13 December 2016 09:34 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, the product requires this feature to be installed. The latest version of Oomph will prompt when the p2 task performs automatically so you can skip it, but there's no way to perform the task without the IU being installed again. The only alternative is to pick a product that doesn't have this feature in its requirements. E.g., there is the minimal platform product that has pretty much only the Eclipse Platform without PDE, JDT or much of anything. Then you can list all the things you actually want installed and only those things.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to add a new variable in the "Variables" wizard?
Next Topic:Can we use Oomph to share and enforce company code format?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:06:57 GMT 2024