Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Mixing C/C++ and Assembly Language in same program(I have to use c/c++ mainly but then call functions which are coded in assembly language)
Mixing C/C++ and Assembly Language in same program [message #1749714] Sat, 10 December 2016 00:00 Go to next message
Justin Wagoner is currently offline Justin WagonerFriend
The project I need to complete involves combing C/C++ and Assembly Languages in the same program. I want to write most of it in C but then call functions which are written in assembly. I'm using the MinGW GCC toolchain. I'm only a sophomore so I understand the actual coding aspect and not much of these errors I keep getting when trying to link them. I'm looking for a step by step guide of just a simple project for me to follow, or with every error I get I will add to this thread. Thanks for any help.
Re: Mixing C/C++ and Assembly Language in same program [message #1749814 is a reply to message #1749714] Mon, 12 December 2016 18:01 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Justin,

I am not clear if your problem is an Eclipse C/C++ IDE question or a using GCC. If it is the former, hopefully we can help, but a GCC forum would be more appropriate on how to write GCC compliant code.

For writing assembly in Eclipse, just add your assembly files into the project. If you want to do inline assembly, check out the GCC manual: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Extended-Asm.html

Finally, if you are looking for info about x86-64 instruction sets, I recommend a search around the web, particularly Intel and AMD should have some good resources.

Jonah
Previous Topic:Neon on Windows - GDB problems debugging a multi threaded C++11 application
Next Topic:Arduino plugin: Supported boards (Platforms): rfDuino
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:05:22 GMT 2024