Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Epsilon Comparison language(Comparison outcome before doing merging)
Epsilon Comparison language [message #1748996] Wed, 30 November 2016 21:42 Go to next message
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
I am trying to understand ECL from this example /org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.mergeoo
but i need to see the output file that is the result of comparison before merging.as i read in the book there Match Trace is the result from ECL comparison ,so how can i edit the (.ecl) file to get the Match Trace file.

Thanks,
Taghreed
  • Attachment: mergeoo.zip
    (Size: 5.95KB, Downloaded 109 times)
Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749003 is a reply to message #1748996] Wed, 30 November 2016 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Taghreed,

The outcome of the matching process is an in-memory data structure (MatchTrace [1]) which you can get hold of in a post block of your ECL module using System.context.matchTrace.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/javadoc/org/eclipse/epsilon/ecl/trace/MatchTrace.html
Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749008 is a reply to message #1749003] Thu, 01 December 2016 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Can you please explain more ,i added post block to the .ecl file and then i added System.context.matchTrace ,does this what you mean?

Cheers,
Taghreed.
Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749032 is a reply to message #1749008] Thu, 01 December 2016 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Taghreed,

What I was suggesting was to use EOL code to query/inspect the produced match trace e.g.

post {
  for (m in System.context.matchTrace.reduce().matches) {
    (m.left + " <-> " + m.right).println();
  }
}

I haven't ran the code above so there may be typos (please check method names against the JavaDoc).

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749175 is a reply to message #1749032] Fri, 02 December 2016 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris ,
I read your papers "Different models for model matching: An analysis of approaches to support model differencing" and "Towards synchronizing models with evolving metamodels" and i understand that direct comparison would be useful in the case of comparing models that has unique identifiers for their elements .I think using EMFCompare would be useful to compare two UML models as UML models has unique identifies for their elements for example compare S the original model with S' the model with some changes ,am i right??
My goal is to record all changes that i have made to S and then in the future i will try to propagate the changes to another model with different metamodel.

I want to make sure that i am on the right track.
Thanks
Taghreed

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2016 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749195 is a reply to message #1749175] Fri, 02 December 2016 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Taghreed,

Yes - I think that EMFCompare would be suitable for this use-case.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Epsilon Comparison language [message #1749232 is a reply to message #1749195] Sat, 03 December 2016 19:32 Go to previous message
Thanks.
Previous Topic:Running a basic example
Next Topic:Type in Ecore not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:52:10 GMT 2024