Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6)(Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6))
Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6) [message #1748811] Mon, 28 November 2016 23:42 Go to next message
Ben Allen is currently offline Ben AllenFriend
I am a total NOOB at this coding lark.
A couple of years ago I managed to put together a streaming audio (Android) app for my local community radio station, using Eclipse 3.7.
They recently changed provider for their streaming service, so the address for the source of the stream changed. Today I attempted to update this one thing & compile a new app to share with the radio station's engineer.
About 3 hours later I had had to update my Java JDK, update the Eclipse application and download countless Android SDK files.
The problem I have now is that there are errors all over my project & I've no idea how to fix them. Lots of "The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files" type of errors everywhere. Also lots of errors that say that things "cannot be resolved to a type"
I notice that all the class files have gotten turned into a 'classes.dex' file now & I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Is there a simple fix that I'm missing or has something major changed with the way this is coded since I worked on this a couple years ago.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Sorry in advance if I've posted this in the wrong place - please let me know where I should be posting.
Re: Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6) [message #1748898 is a reply to message #1748811] Tue, 29 November 2016 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

"The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved"? java.lang.Object comes from the JRE, so it usually means your project still points to a JDK or JRE that's either not listed in your preferences, or no longer exists on disk.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6) [message #1748899 is a reply to message #1748898] Tue, 29 November 2016 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Allen is currently offline Ben AllenFriend
Thanks for your response.
So If I had previously been on Java 6 and had to upgrade to Java 8, would that have caused this?!
Any idea how I resolve it?
Thanks.
Re: Indigo (3.7) project will not run in Neon (4.6) [message #1748911 is a reply to message #1748899] Wed, 30 November 2016 05:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Any resolution would start on the Installed JREs preference page, making sure there are only references to JDKs/JREs that you can verify are there on disk. Then you would go through the projects showing errors and, opening the Properties dialogs to the Java Build Path page, fixing any problems shown there.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2016 05:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Removing specific highlighted Area
Next Topic:List of Plugins outside of Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:19:23 GMT 2024