Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » help(error message)
icon5.gif  help [message #1748420] Wed, 23 November 2016 00:41 Go to next message
stanley adeka is currently offline stanley adekaFriend
Ok so I just started to learn java right, got eclipse and all, I set up the environment variable but after writing the basic hello world I try to run it and get this message "the selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches" I really take this serious as this is what I want to do with my life, I have no teacher and learn everything I can from the internet which is kinda slow but I do my best, this message is becoming frustrating as I cannot move forward please help, anybody
P.s I already tried deleting the environment variable I put in and redoing it, like 4 times already, plus typing javac on cmd gives me that bunch of messages so I think the fault is not from the path. Thanks in advance
Re: help [message #1748504 is a reply to message #1748420] Wed, 23 November 2016 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hello,

how are you trying to launch your program?
Do you have a main method?

Did you try to follow one of these great tutorials http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/Eclipse/article.html#create-your-first-java-program ?

regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: help [message #1748522 is a reply to message #1748504] Wed, 23 November 2016 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically anytime I hit the run bottom at the top I get that message
Re: help [message #1748523 is a reply to message #1748522] Wed, 23 November 2016 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll also check the link as I have not seen that before, thanks
Re: help [message #1748543 is a reply to message #1748523] Thu, 24 November 2016 09:08 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi Stanley,

The Run button is related to the current selection in your workbench.
So please ensure that the java main class or the project which contains the Java main class is selected before clicking on Run.
Please also ensure that your project is recognized as a Java project, you should have a little J decorator on the project icon.

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Previous Topic:[Java8] Wrong compilation error reported?
Next Topic:Debug - Deadlock Detection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:57:05 GMT 2024