Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Where is the "Model" class come from in example "Modify a Tree model with EOL"(EOL "Model" class)
Where is the "Model" class come from in example "Modify a Tree model with EOL" [message #1748254] Mon, 21 November 2016 15:35 Go to next message
Tong Shen is currently offline Tong ShenFriend
Hello,
I am super new to EOL, so here I have a really dummy question.

here is the example.
http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.modelmodification

in line 9 we use

Model.store(Model.modelFile + 'copy.model');

I did read the epsilon book, but I did not understand how can I know there is a "Model" class in EOL, and what is the other methods? where can I find it?

Thanks advance for any information!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2016 14:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where is the "Model" class cone from in example "Modify a Tree model with EOL&quo [message #1748260 is a reply to message #1748254] Mon, 21 November 2016 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tong,

"Model" is the name of the model in the Run configuration of AddLeaves.eol.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Where is the "Model" class cone from in example "Modify a Tree model with EOL& [message #1748369 is a reply to message #1748260] Tue, 22 November 2016 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tong Shen is currently offline Tong ShenFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for helping!
and I have another question.
I am facing a problem that in model to model transformation, the meta-model may also be modified time to time. I don't want to rewrite .etl files every time. Is that possible to do model transformation with configuration? maybe is transformation rules itself also conforms to a metamodel?

Thanks a lot!!

Tong
Re: Where is the "Model" class cone from in example "Modify a Tree model with EOL& [message #1748372 is a reply to message #1748369] Tue, 22 November 2016 14:51 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tong,

An ETL transformation can access more than two models, so it should be perfectly feasible to add a third "configuration" model.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Error in import models in same project
Next Topic:Change UMl model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:09:07 GMT 2024