Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore(Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore)
Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747134] Wed, 09 November 2016 21:37 Go to next message
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
I am trying to write in-place ETL transformation to change UML model that consists of (deployment diagram and activity diagram) and i am wondering if the target model that will be the result of the transformation as ecore can be visualized as UML model .I know that i can generate ecore diagram from the ecore but what i need is to visualize the generated model as UML model.

Can you please help me if there is a way to do that.

Thanks,
Taghreed
Re: Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747159 is a reply to message #1747134] Thu, 10 November 2016 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Taghreed,

To visualise a UML model, I'd suggest looking at Papyrus: https://eclipse.org/papyrus

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747166 is a reply to message #1747159] Thu, 10 November 2016 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

I think you misunderstand my question. I have in place transformation to change a UML model which is the input for transformation. The output for that transformation is ecore file and I need to visualize it as UML model.

I know that I can change UML model by Papyrus but that will be manually by user hand I need to automate doing the change by transformation and that's why I need to see the output of the transformation as UML not as ecore.

I hope that my question is more clear.

Thanks,
Taghreed.
Re: Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747221 is a reply to message #1747166] Thu, 10 November 2016 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Taghreed,

To visualise an Ecore model as a UML model you need to transform it into a UML model (e.g. using another ETL transformation) first as UML and Ecore are (despite their similarities) two different languages.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747226 is a reply to message #1747221] Fri, 11 November 2016 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dimitris,
I have decided to use EOL to change the UML model but can you please tell me how can i add new element by EOL to my model .For example i have deployment diagram and i need to add new device so i wrote an EOL code like the following:

var d: new UML!Device;
d.name="Device33";
d.namespace="m.Model";
but it did not work well and created the element without owner and i got an error says that
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The feature 'namespace' is not a valid changeable feature

Can you please advise me what to do ?
Thanks,
Taghreed
Re: Visualize the generated model as UML diagram no as ecore [message #1747246 is a reply to message #1747226] Fri, 11 November 2016 08:58 Go to previous message

Hi Taghreed,

As shown in the screenshot of the EPackage Registry view [1] below, Device.namespace is not a changeable feature.

index.php/fa/27552/0/

The following however should do the trick.

var m : new Model;
var d : new Device;
m.packagedElement.add(d);

[1, 2] may help while further exploring the UML metamodel.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/epackage-registry-view/
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/inspect-models-exeed/
Previous Topic:Number of Total Model Elements Before and After Deletion
Next Topic:Using 2 labels on a node [GMF editor]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:29:04 GMT 2024