Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How to Auto Deploy Resources configured in Maven WAR Plugin, M2E-WTP
How to Auto Deploy Resources configured in Maven WAR Plugin, M2E-WTP [message #1746867] Mon, 07 November 2016 02:14 Go to next message
Cristian Chiritoiu is currently offline Cristian ChiritoiuFriend
I configured the Maven WAR plugin in pom.xml, to copy additional resources.

I start Tomcat in Eclipse, and it all works fine, the WAR is created and it has the additional resources.

But if I change or add a file in that directory that I added, then it doesn't get re-copied to the /target/m2e-wtp/resources directory.

I'm adding additional JSP to the WebContent , from a linked folder from another project.

I need them to refresh when I change them. How can I do this? What triggers M2E-WTP to copy, just starting the server?

Any other ways to add additional WebContent from another directory while using Maven and have it autodeploy?

Help is appreciated!
Re: How to Auto Deploy Resources configured in Maven WAR Plugin, M2E-WTP [message #1754468 is a reply to message #1746867] Sat, 18 February 2017 07:27 Go to previous message
Gilbert Shaver is currently offline Gilbert ShaverFriend
At times, you need your web application to send test assets, regardless of whether it's logging or database design documents, or even some test taunts amid improvement.

When you're utilizing Eclipse Java EE, m2e-wtp explicitely keeps test assets from being sent (so as to breaking point conduct inconsistencies between Maven CLI and Eclipse), and in the event that you attempt to disturb Eclipse's Deployment Assembly page, its settings will be reset next time you play out a Maven > Update projet arrangement.

So you require an answer that works for both Eclipse, charge line and even different IDEs too.

Previous Topic:The preferences for the xdoclet runtime does not point to a valid installation
Next Topic:Eclipse neon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:52:31 GMT 2024