Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » File generation xText from a graphical representation of data (* .aird)
File generation xText from a graphical representation of data (* .aird) [message #1746684] Thu, 03 November 2016 08:20 Go to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hi,

I have a question about generating DSL (xText) from graphical representation of data (*aird - Sirius).

It happened to me that the file with xText is empty and in the graphical editor displays a diagram (which there was), but on all the elements (nodes and edges) are red crosses (see attached picture).

This state is reached by the following steps:

• I was in the graphical editor Sirius
  • I switched to a text editor xText, delete content and save changes xText
  • I switched back to the graphic editor
  • I do CTRL+Z (undo) and displays last diagram with red crosses

When in the graphical editor diagram to see, so I assume that the information on the diagram are still stored in the file *.aird.

Currently I have files (*.aird) containing a graphical representation, but unfortunately I lost him the model from xText.

My question is:
Is it possible to (programmatically) to generate back xText from graphical representation (from the *.aird)? If so, how?

Thanks for any advice.

Martin
Re: File generation xText from a graphical representation of data (* .aird) [message #1746691 is a reply to message #1746684] Thu, 03 November 2016 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

After the undo on the diagram, that bring it back with red crosses, have you tried to do a second undo to see if it brings back the semantic elements that was in deleted in the XText editor?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: File generation xText from a graphical representation of data (* .aird) [message #1746753 is a reply to message #1746691] Fri, 04 November 2016 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hi Steve,

it is not about how to make the next undo or not. This state achieved the user, the user saved files, and now has been only an empty file xText. So I need to know if you can (programmatically) somehow generate semantic elements from the graphical representation (.aird).

Thanks.

Martin
Re: File generation xText from a graphical representation of data (* .aird) [message #1746780 is a reply to message #1746753] Fri, 04 November 2016 13:49 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
I asked if a second undo would restore the deleted element in order to check if the issue was concerning a diagram refresh that is not triggered in precommit when you deleted everything in XText. You do not need to generate the semantic elements from the graphical representation, this is the opposite of how it should work. Furthermore depending on your metamodel and your model, you will not be able to generate everything that was deleted anyway.

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Help/Guidance Needed in generating Domain Specific Sequence Diagrams
Next Topic:Drag and drop issue between Sirius representations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:07:54 GMT 2024