Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Commits pushed to bitbucket have wrong userid
Commits pushed to bitbucket have wrong userid [message #1746604] Tue, 01 November 2016 16:18 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I'm seeing an odd interaction between EGit and a remote bitbucket server. I don't know if I have a problem with git, EGit, or bitbucket.

On the bitbucket server, I created a project and repo. I cloned the repo in EGit, then copied in a codebase, cleaned it up, committed it, and pushed it to the remote repo.

I then looked at the repo in bitbucket, and the "Author" fields for the commits weren't my regular login userid, they were associated with a "service account" that I've used in the past for other projects.

I then searched in my local git config, both repo and global, for anything that might be specifying that uid instead of my normal userid. I can't find any reference to that service account id.

After I pushed to the remote repo, I created a pull request and self-merged it. The "Author" field for the merge commit used my "normal" userid, not the service account. This seems to point to some misconfiguration on my desktop or EGit, but I can't figure out what it might be.
Re: Commits pushed to bitbucket have wrong userid [message #1746621 is a reply to message #1746604] Wed, 02 November 2016 02:29 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
It turns out this is a known problem with bitbucket. Both the service account and my regular userid are associated with my email address, and bitbucket makes a semi-random choice of which userid to use, given my email address.
Previous Topic:SSH proxy connection with JGit library
Next Topic:error in clone with jgit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:01:20 GMT 2024