Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Show Parameters on Report Viewer Page!(I want to add a drop-down with different values i.e. Age, Gender, City, State etc. My crosstab header and data should change whenever I select some value from the drop-down.)
Show Parameters on Report Viewer Page! [message #1746503] Mon, 31 October 2016 10:31 Go to next message
Devpriyo Bhattacharya is currently offline Devpriyo BhattacharyaFriend
Hi All,

I want to design crosstab report with two Dropdowns boxes being displayed on the report viewer page for the user to make selections.

Dropdown1 item is MIS Period and has values = Year, Quarter, Month
Dropdown2 item is General Dimension and has values: Gender, Country

When I select, Dropdown1 = Quarter and Dropdown2 = Gender, the crosstab report page should look like image_1

Now, I want to change the Dropdown1 value to Year and Dropdown2 value to Country. So, when I set Dropdown1 = Year and Dropdown2 = Country, the crosstab report page should change into image_2

In both the images, Year, Quarter, Gender and Country are being passed by the parameter dropdowns. Also, the headers should change and the crosstab should display values as per the new dimension selected.

How can I possibly achieve such a design in BIRT?

Best Regards
  • Attachment: image_1.png
    (Size: 2.96KB, Downloaded 119 times)
  • Attachment: image_2.png
    (Size: 2.20KB, Downloaded 102 times)
Re: Show Parameters on Report Viewer Page! [message #1746687 is a reply to message #1746503] Thu, 03 November 2016 09:15 Go to previous message
Devpriyo Bhattacharya is currently offline Devpriyo BhattacharyaFriend
Hi All,

I have performed few steps in this regards but I am stuck at one place now. I have attached a word file with all the details.

Looking forward to some ideas.

Best Regards
Previous Topic:How to restart page numbering within a group in BIRT 3.7.1
Next Topic:how can i hide colomn in crossTabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 06 16:10:38 GMT 2019