Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Including JRE 7 with Neon
Including JRE 7 with Neon [message #1746291] Wed, 26 October 2016 13:45 Go to next message
Steffen Holzer is currently offline Steffen HolzerFriend

Hello @all

We want to work with a JDK7 during a Neon installation. In the product file I added a variable task of the type JRE for that.

But the installer lets me only choose JDK/JRE8. Is there a way around this or do I need to refer the JDK7 via URI

Thanks in advance

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods
Re: Including JRE 7 with Neon [message #1746336 is a reply to message #1746291] Thu, 27 October 2016 07:38 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Steffen,

Perhaps you're mixing two different but related issues. One is the issue of which JVM is used to run the installation. Neon requires Java 1.8. It will not run with Java 1.7, so if you want to run it with Java 1.7, that's simply not possible. The other issue is the JREs available in the running IDE for compiling your Java projects against. That can be any JRE you want and you'd use a JRE task to provision that in the workspace. Of course depending on what you have in your target platform and their BREEs, you may not be able to launch using a 1.7 JRE. I.e., if Neon is in your target platform you will need a 1.8 JRE to launch anything that uses the platform...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:URI re-direction with the self-extracting installer
Next Topic:Preselect default workspace location in Eclipse Launcher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:45:51 GMT 2024