|splash.bmp [message #1746226]
||Tue, 25 October 2016 15:17
| Mateusz Malinowski
Registered: March 2013
I have a problem in loading different splash screen using the product's splash tab. Here is my setup:
1) multiple plugin and feature projects
2) core plugin provides that product file and Application.e4xmi file
3) other plugins which contribute to the UI provide fragments, etc.
So in this standard setup I can just launch my application using product file. However, now, I want to define a new product that will use a different set of features. So what I do:
1) create a new plugin & feature
2) in the new plugin I create a fragment file as I will, again, contribute to the main Application.e4xmi
3) in the new plugin I create a new product file that uses different set of features. I point it to my core plugin's product so it can load the correct Application.e4xmi and then merge fragments from all contributing plugins / features.
4) in the new product file I go to Splash tab and set it to use Splash.bmp from this new plugin. Result? The original splash screen is loaded (the one which I use for product from core plugin).
I read that some people suggest setting osgi.splashPath property, so my questions are:
1) is this still mandatory? 3 years ago there was similar post on RCP forum, but no one answered to it: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1062443/?srch=splash#msg_1062443
2) if so, why Splash tab in the product file exists if it has no impact on the splash?
Version: Neon.1a Release (4.6.1)
Build id: 20161007-1200
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01452 seconds