Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » [GTK] MessageBox created behind creating dialog
[GTK] MessageBox created behind creating dialog [message #1746191] Mon, 24 October 2016 20:02 Go to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

When I have some model interaction (e.g., ProgressMonitor) and I want to inform the user about issues with a message box on GTK this message box is created behind the progress bar. I use the following code for creating the message box:
MessageBox messageBox = new MessageBox(PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getShell(), SWT.ICON_ERROR | SWT.OK);

I noticed that in other use cases in the IDE this happens also for other dialogs which pop up a message dialog that there also the message dialog is not in front. Can this be handled programmatically or does it need a fix in SWT?
Re: [GTK] MessageBox created behind creating dialog [message #1746219 is a reply to message #1746191] Tue, 25 October 2016 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You're specifying the window's shell whereas your active shell is a dialog. You should likely be parenting your message box using the display's active shell (Display#getActiveShell()).
Re: [GTK] MessageBox created behind creating dialog [message #1746231 is a reply to message #1746219] Tue, 25 October 2016 17:45 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

The problem is that Display.getDefault().getActiveShell() gives me null at this point. This was the reason to switch to the workbench solution.
Previous Topic:Rendering of font Roboto Medium seems to be broken with antialiasing != SWT.DEFAULT
Next Topic:macOS Sierra 10.12: Error on initializing Display with swt 4.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:17:38 GMT 2024