Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » second lvl RowGroup Example
second lvl RowGroup Example [message #1746064] Fri, 21 October 2016 09:09 Go to next message
Simon BBBBBBB is currently offline Simon BBBBBBBFriend
Hello there,

i am trying to add a second level to my row groups and cant get it to work. i did the same with columns without problems but rows are different.

Similiar to the ColumnExample i am trying to do the following:

RowGroupModel rowGroupModel = new RowGroupModel();
        rowGroupModel.setDataProvider(bodyDataProvider);

RowGroupModel secondRowGroupModel = new RowGroupModel();
        secondRowGroupModel.setDataProvider(bodyDataProvider);

RowGroupExpandCollapseLayer rowExpandCollapseLayer = new RowGroupExpandCollapseLayer(columnExpandCollapseLayer, rowGroupModel, secondRowGroupModel);

The last row is not valid because the RowGroupExpandCollapseLayer only accepts one rowgroupmodel. The ColumnGroups behavior is different as seen in this working example:

ColumnGroupModel columnGroupModel = new ColumnGroupModel();
        ColumnGroupModel sndColumnGroupModel = new ColumnGroupModel();
        ColumnGroupExpandCollapseLayer columnExpandCollapseLayer = new ColumnGroupExpandCollapseLayer(columnHideShowLayer, columnGroupModel, sndColumnGroupModel);

So, how can i solve this problem? And why do i need to set a DataProvider for RowGroupModels and not for Columns?

Thanks for your help.
Re: second lvl RowGroup Example [message #1746079 is a reply to message #1746064] Fri, 21 October 2016 10:37 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
AFAIK we don't support multiple row group levels at the moment. Which is the reason for the different API with regards to the number of group model parameters actually.
And the reason why the RowGroupModel needs a data provider is that it should support filtering and sorting in theory. But I never really used row grouping, so hard to tell what the guys that implemented it back in the days thought. Maybe the sources will help in understand better.
Previous Topic:Display column header diagonally
Next Topic:Observation: Alternate row color changes in custom style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:49:51 GMT 2024