Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Backup of file ...product-name\jre\bin\java.dll failed.
Backup of file ...product-name\jre\bin\java.dll failed. [message #1746036] Thu, 20 October 2016 17:55 Go to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Hi,

I have an RCP build on Neon. A jre is included in the product export respectively installation. The product is exported using the product export wizard available at the *.product file editor.

My existing version 1.0.0 shall be updated via the p2 update mechanism. At the end of the update process I get a error message.
An error occurred while uninstalling
session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]de.bahntechnik.dd.opn_root.win32.win32.x86_64 1.6.0.201609301555 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
Backup of file D:\tmp\product-name\jre\bin\java.dll failed.
File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: D:\tmp\product-name\jre\bin\java.dll

It seams the jre gets updated as well, which is fine and intended. Does any one have an idea how to avoid the error?

Martin
Re: Backup of file ...product-name\jre\bin\java.dll failed. [message #1746073 is a reply to message #1746036] Fri, 21 October 2016 10:01 Go to previous message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
its related to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=300812 which is still not fixed but there seams to be some possible workaround
Previous Topic:Any interest in a distribution mechanism to preconfigure your own eclipse distributions?
Next Topic:Ant build fails at p2.director
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:54:49 GMT 2024