Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Portal problems on Neon.1
Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1745961] Wed, 19 October 2016 21:33 Go to next message
Anthony Lewis is currently offline Anthony LewisFriend
Ok, sorry for yet another possible fundamental newbie question:

So i'm getting back to stardust after being a way awhile. Installed brand new copy of Neon.1, installed stardust via add new software ( nothing fancy.. ).

Got it up and running, accessed the portal and things went south from there.

In the default view, i get lots of labels saying "title" instead of the actual label. ( however the label for Documents, is there.. ). A number of menu entries in other views will pop up a new tab, with nothing in it. 'traffic light view' produces a bunch of I18n errors.. ( including some screenshots. )

This was on 64bit Windows 7, with Oracle jdk 8. Thinking its my windows install since its my daily machine, I created a brand new 64bit Debian vm. OpenJDK, with exact same results.

Tried 32bit Debian ( new vm again ) with oracle jdk, same exact results. So i wonder if this is not a actual bug in the version being shipped with Neon.1 ?

I get a lot of nullpointer errors in the tomcat console, but to be honest i'm not well enough versed in java yet to be able to read the logs effectively.

On 3.x i didnt have anything like this happen.

• Attachment: image003.png
    (Size: 135.63KB, Downloaded 204 times)
  • Attachment: image002.png
    (Size: 112.64KB, Downloaded 219 times)
  • Attachment: image001.png
    (Size: 140.49KB, Downloaded 195 times)
Re: Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1745994 is a reply to message #1745961] Thu, 20 October 2016 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Anthony, this seem related to i18n.
Have you tried different browsers / browser locales? What are your system locale, default browser local and available browser locales?
Re: Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1746022 is a reply to message #1745994] Thu, 20 October 2016 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did try IE 11, Chrome and Firefox ( both current ). The system locale for all 3 machines should be set properly, but i will verify today.

I was suspecting it was related, glad someone else thinks the same Smile

EDIT: I did have a chance to login to the machines at the office, and they are set utf-8, but this does give me something to look into.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2016 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1746106 is a reply to message #1746022] Fri, 21 October 2016 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an update, not had time to dig too far into the locale stuff, but i did install mars.2 on the same box to get a 3.x version of stardust and it works just fine.
Re: Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1746148 is a reply to message #1746106] Mon, 24 October 2016 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anthony, the question is not about the system locale being set properly. I was asking about the concrete locale (EN-US?) and the configured / default browser locales/supported languages.
Re: Portal problems on Neon.1 [message #1746149 is a reply to message #1746106] Mon, 24 October 2016 04:56 Go to previous message

Anthony, the question is not about the system locale being set properly. I was asking about the concrete locale (EN-US?) and the configured / default browser locales/supported languages.
Previous Topic:How to handle Exception in SQL invocation call application
Next Topic:Nullpointerexception when deploying model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:48:51 GMT 2024