Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » NEON JEE - Content assist for EL expression(Content assist proposal on an EL expression includes the new implicit variables)
NEON JEE - Content assist for EL expression [message #1744995] Mon, 03 October 2016 21:59 Go to next message
Thomas Kernstock is currently offline Thomas KernstockFriend
I'm using eclipse Neon Jee with Jboss Tools for JSF/CDI.

In the New and Noteworthy section of the "JavaServer Faves Tooling User Guide" http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.jst.jsf.doc.user/html/whats_new.htm?cp=41_4
under
Content assit for EL expression
Content assist proposal on an EL expression includes the new implicit variables.

Although this description exists since Luna, I can't get content assistence for the implicit values like "facesContext". The other assists like namespaces, named beans, ejbs, tags etc. work fine.

I tried that with the eclipse WPE and with the JBoss Tools XHTML Editor. In both cases it doesn't work. I also tried it with my old eclipse Mars version, but it doesn't work either.

Is this a bug or do I need to configure something to make this work.

br
Thomas

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2016 22:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NEON JEE - Content assist for EL expression [message #1744996 is a reply to message #1744995] Mon, 03 October 2016 22:16 Go to previous message
Thomas Kernstock is currently offline Thomas KernstockFriend
I found part of the problem -
I need to position ther cursor directly after #{} not between the brackets. Then I see the same entries like in the manual.

But there is no further assistence for the attributes/methods in the chosen object like "facesContext". Confused

Any idea what could be wrong, or is this a bug?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2016 09:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Welcome screen blank (Ubuntu 16.04)
Next Topic:Search Eclipse Bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:51:36 GMT 2024