Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot remove an explorer hierarchy attached to top of main editor window (UI Help)
Cannot remove an explorer hierarchy attached to top of main editor window [message #1744976] Mon, 03 October 2016 17:19 Go to next message
Matthew Dowell is currently offline Matthew DowellFriend
How do I get rid of this explorer hierarchy attaching to the top of my main editor window (see nested toolbar right between tab and code text).
right click yields no options. Resetting to default perspective does not remove it either. Click-hold and drag, does not seem to move it.

See screenshot attached. The errant menu is also glowing in an obnoxious yellow.
This is running the most current release of Eclipse Neon (Java) 4.6.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Also, this is my first post due to failure searching for a solution via Google or help menus, so if I'm posting in the wrong place, please just let me know in the comments. Thanks.

Re: Cannot remove an explorer hierarchy attached to top of main editor window [message #1744977 is a reply to message #1744976] Mon, 03 October 2016 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
That's the "Breadcrumb" that shows the workspace-relative path of the resource in the editor. You can read a little about its features: http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-java-editor-breadcrumb.htm

There's a toolbar button to toggle it on/off - in your screenshot that button is just to the left of the "highlighter" toolbar button. The help page also shows a picture of the button.
icon7.gif  Re: Cannot remove an explorer hierarchy attached to top of main editor window [message #1744984 is a reply to message #1744977] Mon, 03 October 2016 19:19 Go to previous message
Matthew Dowell is currently offline Matthew DowellFriend
Profuse thanks. "Breadcrumb". I will remember that.

Previous Topic:XML error e(fx)clipse download pages
Next Topic:Eclipse Welcome screen blank (Ubuntu 16.04)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:32:54 GMT 2024