Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Is it possible to use Win10 bash libs in Eclipse?
Is it possible to use Win10 bash libs in Eclipse? [message #1744745] Thu, 29 September 2016 20:48 Go to next message
Zach Hunter is currently offline Zach HunterFriend
With the new "Windows Subsystem for Linux" on Windows 10 I was curious if it was possible to use the installed package libraries (gcc, g++, etc) on Eclipse, rather than the standard Cygwin or MinGW installation. Having those installed feels pretty redundant nowadays.

I tried adding the bash libs to my Windows path, but eclipse doesn't seem to pick them up:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\lxss\rootfs\usr\lib 
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\lxss\rootfs\usr\bin

Has anyone gotten this to work? Or perhaps it isn't possible since the bash libs aren't meant to work with Windows programs?
Re: Is it possible to use Win10 bash libs in Eclipse? [message #1744821 is a reply to message #1744745] Fri, 30 September 2016 13:53 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
The "Windows Linux Subsystem" is evolving quickly and I'm not very knowledgeable about what is currently supported.
When it was first released though, IIRC, Eclipse in Windows could not call a binary on Windows-Linux.
I know they were working on getting Java to work on Windows-linux, so you could run Eclipse on the Linux subsystem and then access
all the binaries installed there. I don't know if that support is released yet or even finished.
If you're wondering, you can run a XServer-like application on Windows and tell the Linux subsystem to display on that, so
the part to display Eclipse from the linux subsystem can work already, as long as Eclipse can run on the Linux subsystem.

Marc
Previous Topic:Paths and Symbols - relative shortfalls
Next Topic:Make error1, Arduino Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jan 23 00:21:14 GMT 2022