Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Reload target platform imports missing projects
Reload target platform imports missing projects [message #1744744] Thu, 29 September 2016 20:18 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
I have imported an additional project via oomph. The projects adds to the targlet a few features by using a source locator. The weird thing is that expected projects are not imported into the workspace when I launch setup tasks. Setup just executes without performing any action or error. The git clone was created successfully. I tried to manually import the projects, removing them, re-executing setup but nothing changes. Then I noticed that If I go to the target platform preference page and press "reload" the projects are imported into the workspace. Any Idea what's going on?

Re: Reload target platform imports missing projects [message #1744759 is a reply to message #1744744] Fri, 30 September 2016 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Felix Dorner wrote on Thu, 29 September 2016 16:18
I have imported an additional project via oomph. The projects adds to the targlet a few features by using a source locator. The weird thing is that expected projects are not imported into the workspace when I launch setup tasks.
Are the contributions to the setup tasks you expect to see visible on the Confirmation page? I.e., if they contribute to the targlets, you should be able to see the targlet being contributed. Of course if you make a mistake in the source locator, it won't find any projects and will do nothing; on the Confirmation page you can see the final expanded value that's actually use. Does this point at the right file system location for the source locator?Quote:
Setup just executes without performing any action or error. The git clone was created successfully. I tried to manually import the projects, removing them, re-executing setup but nothing changes. Then I noticed that If I go to the target platform preference page and press "reload" the projects are imported into the workspace. Any Idea what's going on?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Reload target platform imports missing projects [message #1744777 is a reply to message #1744759] Fri, 30 September 2016 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(Wow, how hard is it to see what I'm actually quoting, what a mess)

Ed, yes the changes are visible in the confirmation dialog, i.e. my modular targlet has an additional child that specifies the features I want to include plus a source locator that points to the correct clone. I am sure it is correct. Also, if there were errors in the declaration the "Reload..." button on the target platform preference page would not be able to import the feature and its plugins either, but it does. It must be something with the planner, but I have no clue what. Can I enable more debugging output?

The error log just has: "Setup tasks were performed during startup updating 6 preferences". The log itself just has:
[2016-09-30 08:45:39] Executing startup tasks
[2016-09-30 08:45:40]

Re: Reload target platform imports missing projects [message #1744805 is a reply to message #1744777] Fri, 30 September 2016 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Felix,

It's hard to diagnose an issue without more facts. Presumably the targlet resolution is happening after the git clone is complete, but I can't know that. Does running the targlets task twice do the right thing the second time?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Reload target platform imports missing projects [message #1744811 is a reply to message #1744805] Fri, 30 September 2016 11:34 Go to previous message
Now it works again, but I don't know why. Running it twice had no effect.
Previous Topic:Using multiple JRE in an installation
Next Topic:Installer says that restart needed but I think it is not
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:28:05 GMT 2024