Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installed plug-ins disappear?
Installed plug-ins disappear? [message #1744098] Thu, 22 September 2016 10:30 Go to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Hello.
I am working on a project where I require a few plug-ins for an RCP-App.
So I install everything I need, Eclipse for RCP/RAP developers, with my plug-ins included. I start programming, include all the plug-ins I need in my project.. I start programming and testing the app.. An hour later, whoops, none of the plug-ins can be found.
I suspect it has something to do with the background processes of the Eclipse IDE that does something to make this happen.

When I go to Installation History and review current installation, all the required plug-ins are there. The folder where my plug-ins are located have user permissions so I don't think it has something to do with access rights to the resources.

After running eclipse as Admin I get this Error message during startup:
An error has occurred. Se error log for more details. org.eclipse.core.runtime.Operation.Canceled.Exception. The IDE starts up though ...

Note: I'm using Eclipse on Windows 10 64-bit, I have also been able to reproduce the same error on my Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 64-bit installation.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2016 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installed plug-ins disappear? [message #1744120 is a reply to message #1744098] Thu, 22 September 2016 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Ok. So after looking through a lot of files and preferences, I found this error message in the target definition. That can be seen from the uploaded image.
For some reason the target platform was pointing to a 'null' value... I have no idea how this has happened, and I had no error message telling me so.. I only found this by looking for it.. The issue was corrected by simply creating a new target file poiting to the software site that contains all my required plug-ins.

I hope someone else will find this information useful if they have a similar issue.

I would also like to point out one thing, according to http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseTargetPlatform/article.html, "The set of plug-ins which you can use for your development or your build process to resolve the project dependencies is defined by the plug-ins in your workspace in addition with the plug-ins defined by your target platform.". As is stated the plug-ins in the workspace is also used to resolve the plug-ins in the project.. I had all my plugins in ws->.metadata->.plugins folder, but I still had the same error..

- Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2016 13:33]

Re: Installed plug-ins disappear? [message #1744185 is a reply to message #1744120] Fri, 23 September 2016 09:21 Go to previous message
avantika thakur is currently offline avantika thakurFriend
I have facing the same error past few days .

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2016 05:10]

Previous Topic:Cannot uninstall Features from Eclipse MARS.2
Next Topic:eclipse for raspberry pi 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:42:57 GMT 2024