Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode..
Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode.. [message #1744095] Thu, 22 September 2016 10:16 Go to next message
Johan Compagner is currently offline Johan CompagnerFriend
See the attached image:

index.php/fa/27168/0/

i open something inside my Eclipse browser (the top part) and the disabled icons are rendering completely different and we also miss the "orange" boxes down below (they are there see the section of the top left one)

The stupid thing is that when i debug my eclipse from eclipse (so i start one through eclipse to debug it) then it works like how it should..

So starting it for real in a real installer works differently then when just starting it up in debug mode.

Both are just IE, but in the once that works the user agent is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

and the one that fails is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

i am on windows 10 so it should not give 6.2 (which is i think windows 8.0

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2016 11:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode.. [message #1744110 is a reply to message #1744095] Thu, 22 September 2016 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one step closer,

if i start eclipse not through the exe file but through plain java command:

E:\javatools\jdk1.8\bin\javaw.exe -Dservoy.application_server.dir=e:\servoy81\application_server/ -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms40m -Xmx512m -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.100.v20150511-1540.jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -launcher servoy.exe -name Eclipse -showsplash 600 -product com.servoy.eclipse.core.ide -data C:\Users\jcomp\servoy_workspace4 -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -nl en_US -consoleLog

then it behaves correctly then the user agent string says Windows 10 and the page displays fine in the Internal Browser

Re: Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode.. [message #1744127 is a reply to message #1744110] Thu, 22 September 2016 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
We hit a similar problem with the new Eclipse Welcome screen: IE on some installations is set up to run in compatibility view (tracked in bug 497924). Unfortunately I didn't record the MSDN documents that discuss it.

Your web page can override the compatibility mode by setting the following header to put IE in Edge mode: "Edge mode tells Internet Explorer to display content in the highest mode available"

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Perhaps Windows has some kind of association with the eclipse.exe for compatibility mode? I'm not normally an IE / Windows user, but IE has a setting screen where you can set the compatibility details on a site-by-site basis.

Brian.
Re: Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode.. [message #1744138 is a reply to message #1744127] Thu, 22 September 2016 15:32 Go to previous message
i don't think that is the problem. the user agent and the document.documentMode both report that it really uses 11
The only thing that is really different is somehow the Windows version i run on...

But also we already did have that:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html ng-app="editorContent" ng-controller="MainController">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">

so we have <DOCTYPE and the meta tag already in that page

IF it would be in some kind of compatibility mode what would this display:

alert(document.documentMode);

because now that is always the same so just 11

In the settings of IE i make sure that nothing is the the list of "sites to be in Compatibility view" also i unchecked the checkbox that says "Display intranet sites in Compatibility view" and also use microsoft list

The thing is it is not just "eclipse.exe" because normally we have our own exe called 'servoy.exe' and both fail, but both installs work fine if i start it through a java.exe command.

i added a bug in bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=501978 because this is really annoying for us, the only workaround i now have for the windows users that have this problem (not all have this...) is to use a batch file that starts our product by a javaw.exe command instead of using the executable ...
Previous Topic:Embedded SWT Browser behaving differently then outside or in debug mode..
Next Topic:how to create swt browser responsive design view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:13:23 GMT 2024