Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Performance issue after EMF complex tree creation?(Performance issue)
Performance issue after EMF complex tree creation? [message #1744086] Thu, 22 September 2016 09:36 Go to next message
Jim 20100 is currently offline Jim 20100Friend
Messages: 58
Registered: June 2016
Member
Hello,

I created an EMF model.
There are of course code to refresh some tree nodes when modifying values.

I use EContentAdapter to observe some modifications on my Model.
It is quite complexed.

I use as well EMF Form. Each time I click on a node, I displays a view:
myECPSWTView.dispose();
myECPSWTView = ECPSWTViewRenderer.INSTANCE.render(parent, myQuoteObject);


I use Jubula to create a complete model.
Or even if I create a full model manually, my eclipse is slower at each click.
Even if I close the EMF model, create a file is slow too.

I thought about memory issue, try to increase jvm settings.
I try to disable the EMF Form view.
For the moment, no results. Still slow after a model creation.

Do you have some way to check what is going on? for memory? etc.?

Re: Performance issue after EMF complex tree creation? [message #1744239 is a reply to message #1744086] Fri, 23 September 2016 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Messages: 129
Registered: May 2015
Senior Member
Hi Jim,
can you show some code snippets, so that we see what exactly you are doing?
Can it be, that you add a econtentadapter every time you open you model without ever removing it?

why do you need the econtentadapter in the first place?

Cheers,
Eugen


--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Performance issue after EMF complex tree creation? [message #1744550 is a reply to message #1744239] Wed, 28 September 2016 07:39 Go to previous message
Jim 20100 is currently offline Jim 20100Friend
Messages: 58
Registered: June 2016
Member
Finally,

I found the reason.
It was not easy to find, but I did.

Thanks to the tool "Sleak", I was able to see that I instantiated Fonts for each cell.
So it stays always in memory, and my application performance suffered
progressively.

I was confident, but a bit stressed concerning performance.
Now everything is OK.

Thx
Rgds
Jim
Previous Topic:[ECP] Two Implementations Avoids IllegalArgumentException: The class ... is not a valid classifier
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Filter TreeMasterDetail for predefined Elements
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 17 07:42:53 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01940 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software