Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » "Build Automatically" cannot be switched off
"Build Automatically" cannot be switched off [message #1743975] Wed, 21 September 2016 09:01 Go to next message
Denis Aristov is currently offline Denis AristovFriend
When I switch off "Build Automatically", close Eclipse and start it again the option gets activated after some time and the build process starts.

It is especially annoying as there is a lot of projects in the workspace and I know that there are no changes (what changes if Eclipse just started?) and therefore no reason to rebuild everything. What can be the cause of it? Thanks.
Re: "Build Automatically" cannot be switched off [message #1743996 is a reply to message #1743975] Wed, 21 September 2016 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Did you record the setting with the preference recorder at some point previously? Open Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> Setup Tasks -> Preference Recorder. If the recorder is disabled, you can temporarily enable it and then to look for the preference, type "auto" in the search field, and then you can uncheck it to remove the preference and no longer record it in the future. Or you might want go to the Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace and record auto build to be false.
Recorded preferences are applied automatically on startup.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: "Build Automatically" cannot be switched off [message #1744027 is a reply to message #1743996] Wed, 21 September 2016 14:11 Go to previous message
Denis Aristov is currently offline Denis AristovFriend
You were right. Thank you. It helped.

I may have activated Preference Recorder for "Build Automatically" without full understanding what it does and how it works. I thought that it just "records" something and not re-activates options that I've deactivated before. I'll have to take a look at docu.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2016 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Source Attachment does not contain the source ConnectionFactory Impl.class
Next Topic:Unable to install Sonarqube plugin in eclipse Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:08:53 GMT 2024