Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Make error1, Arduino Plugin(Make fails at @$(call mymkdir,$(dir $@)))
Make error1, Arduino Plugin [message #1743901] Tue, 20 September 2016 13:41 Go to next message
Dave Miller is currently offline Dave MillerFriend
Unable to complete a build. C++ CDT/Arduino plug-in project using Arduino Mega2560 board.

Running Eclipse Version: Neon Release (4.6.0) Build id: 20160613-1800 with Cdt and Arduino plug-in Arduino C++ Tools - Beta 9.0.1.201608260555 org.eclipse.cdt.arduino.feature.group. Windows 7

Using libraries
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <DallasTemperature.h>
#include "C:\Users\Dave\Arduino\libraries\genieArduino\genieArduino.h"
#include <Arduino.h>

Make error 1 with these lines in the make file:
-include core/WInterrupts.c.d

core/wiring.c.o: C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.13/cores/arduino/wiring.c core/wiring.c.d
@$(call mymkdir,$(dir $@))
"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -flto -fno-fat-lto-objects -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10608 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.13/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.13/variants/mega" -I"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/libraries/DallasTemperature/3.7.6" -I"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/libraries/OneWire/2.3.2" "$<" -o "$@"
"C:/Users/Dave/.arduinocdt/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs "./core.a" "$@"

core/wiring.c.d: ;

This is the highlighted line: @$(call mymkdir,$(dir $@))

Please note the include with full pathname. I was not able to add that library via the plug-in screens. Build process runs without error until the make error.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attempted build after restarting Eclipse. Make failed at a different place and errors prior to make indicate problem not finding the genieArduino.h library. Please see TMZero.odt attached

The real problem here is not with the makefile but with the process used to create the makefile. The Arduino CDT plugin doesn't off an option to use the genieArduino library. If it did the makefile would no doubt work fine.

So perhaps this topic should be closed an another submitted naming the Arduino plugin? I would gladly remove this topic if I knew how. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the patience of all those who have and will read this.
  • Attachment: TMZero.odt
    (Size: 6.94KB, Downloaded 125 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2016 01:09]

Report message to a moderator

icon5.gif  Re: Make error1, Arduino Plugin [message #1744834 is a reply to message #1743901] Fri, 30 September 2016 16:15 Go to previous message
Dave Miller is currently offline Dave MillerFriend
The real problem here is not with the makefile but with the process used to create the makefile. The Arduino CDT plugin doesn't offer an option to use the genieArduino library. If it did the makefile would no doubt work fine.

So perhaps this topic should be closed an another submitted naming the Arduino plugin? I would gladly remove this topic if I knew how. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the patience of all those who have and will read this.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to use Win10 bash libs in Eclipse?
Next Topic:Symbol MPI_COMM_WORLD could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:15:27 GMT 2024